Bob Hough's home page
Address: Department of Mathematics,
Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305.
e-mail: rdhough at math.stanford.edu
I am a fifth year PhD student in mathematics at Stanford, Studying with Professor Soundararajan.
Areas of research interest:
- Analytic and probabilistic number theory, discrete probability
Publications and preprints:
- The distribution of the logarithm of orthogonal and symplectic L-functions.
- Zero-density estimate for modular form L-functions in weight aspect.
- The resonance method for large character sums.
- Random walks on Z/pZ with small symmetric generating sets. Preprint available on request.
- Average equidistribution of Heegner points associated to the 3-part of the class group of imaginary quadratic fields.
- Summation of a random multiplicative function on numbers having few prime factors. Math. Proc. Camb. Phil. Soc., 150 (2011), pp. 193-214.
- Tesselation of a triangle by repeated barycentric subdivision. Elec. Comm. Prob., 14 (2009).
Students in my Math 53H section can find handouts and other materials
Previous section handouts from my Math 51H and Math 52H sections.
- Some practice problems for Stanford's analysis qual.
Information about Stanford's Polya problem solving seminar is
here and here.