This is an introductory graduate course in modern algebra. It covers topics: advanced field theory, commutative algebra, an representation theory.
Lecture: MWF 10:30-11:20, Herrin 195
- All assignments will be posted on canvas
- Exams: Two midterms and one end-term-exam.
- Midterm I: TBA
- Jun Li, 380-383Z; phone 723-4508(O); E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BenjaminLjungberg, 381-H; email@example.com
- by Jun: 383-Z: Monday and Tuesday 12:30-1:30, or by appointment
- by Ben: Monday 3-4:30, and Tuesday 10:30-noon.
Math 120 and 121, or equivalent
Lang: Algebra, revised third edition
Exam and Course grade
All exams are in class. Course grade is based on the percentage: homework 60%, Exam 40%
Exams will be close book, close notes, close to assignments.
Homework will be assigned once a week, and will be due the following Wednesday.
Please deliver weekly assignments to my office. Do not leave the assignments in mailbox.
Further help and Advice