My office: 381F, first floor of the maths building
My office hours: 1:30 - 3:15 Monday, 11:00 - 12:15 Wednesday (though you should try other TA's office hours too!)
These may be updated from time to time, please keep an eye on your emails from me!
- I'm rarely at my office (and free) outside of office hours. It's best to
if you need to contact me. I'll try to get back to you on the same day if you email before 10pm.
- All emails must come from your @stanford.edu address. Please put "Math 51" in your subject (ideally followed by whatever you're asking), and remind me which section you are in.
-If you ask me some administrative thing in section that I cannot sort right away (e.g. I entered your homework score wrong), please also email me to remind me.
- If your email is about a course-wide Math51 admin issue (e.g. you have a conflict with the midterm, the homework link on the website doesn't work), please cc to our administrative TA Rebecca:
- Please check the course webpage first before asking me for administrative info (e.g. when/where are office hours, midterms). If your question isn't answered on the webpage, chances are I don't know the answer either.
- Please don't ask about homework or past midterm questions outside of office hours (ie not before or after lecture, before or after section, or in email). If office hours are at a bad time for you, let me know when would be more convenient.
-On the first page of your homework, please put your name, "Section ??, TA: Amy Pang" where ?? is either 15 or 17, depending on which section you are in.
-Please staple your homework (not paperclip, not tape): I will bring a stapler to section for this purpose, and there is a stapler at the front desk of the maths department if you are handing it to my office.
- Hand your homework in to the pile at the left-hand door at the start or end of your section on Tuesday, or slip it under my office door by 3:15pm on Tuesday. I will NOT wait at the end of section for you to finish, because the homeworks need to be in my office by 3:15.
-Homework turned into the mailboxes will NOT be accepted.
-Late homework is NOT accepted under any circumstances. Your lowest homework score will be dropped to accommodate account for this.
- You can retrieve your old homeworks at your section, between the 9am and 10am lectures on Fridays, and during my office hours.
- Please check Coursework to make sure your scores are recorded correctly.
- If you have any disagreement about how your homework has been graded, please talk to me (after section, in office hours or email) asap, and be prepared to leave your homework with me for at least a few hours. I cannot change your grade if a week has passed since the homework was returned to you in section.
I welcome improvements to the material below, as well as suggestions for new resources. New resources will be added to the list the term after I finish teaching with them (ie current students should check my emails, and not this list!).